10 Things LED UV Can Do for Your Pressroom
8 - Pick up new customers looking for eco-printed differentiation
Designers, brand owners and creatives are constantly looking for an edge, a message to strategically deliver at every level of a campaign. Ad campaigns today leverage the entire process, and the printing method can drive social commentary itself.
LED printing is a perfect fit for any client looking for the most advanced socially-responsible qualities available from print, and may not be aware of the environmental benefits LED printing can deliver, such as:
- LED uses the least energy compared to any heat-based IR/Hot Air and UV/H-UV drying process
- LED uses zero VOC non-oxidative inks with no harmful emissions
- LED inks provide up to a 30% higher yield from more efficient formulation
- LED allows for reusing make-ready sheets multiple times, reducing paper waste
- LED inks are entirely safe, and can be Cradle-to-Cradle (C2C) certified from select manufacturers
- LED lamps do not contain mercury (Hg) such as that found in UV/H-UV/LE-UV lamps
- LED generates no ozone compared to UV/H-UV/LE-UV lamps, and is safer in the pressroom
- LED prevents heat-activated toxins from being released from papers and coatings
- LED speeds downstream processing and streamlines inefficient resource use
- LED reduces heat into the pressroom, reducing the load on air-conditioning systems
- LED eliminates powder contamination on the printed product, and associated respiratory concerns
With LED the green aspects are real - and it represents a brilliant, environmentally sound printing future, available today.